Not going to be in Ashburn, VA March 7th through 10th to watch the Women's Ice Hockey Club's historic appearance at the ACHA national tournament in person? No worries - there is another way to follow the team in their pursuit of a national championship. ACHA broadcast partner FastHockey will broadcast every game from nationals, including all three of Penn State's preliminary games (March 7th vs. Alaska at 1:00 p.m., March 8th vs. UW-Stout at 10:45 a.m. and March 8th vs. North Dakota State at 5:30 p.m.) as well as the semifinals and championship game on March 9th and 10th, respectively.
Watching requires a FastHockey login and up to $7.99 per game, but otherwise is a fairly straightforward process:
- Go to http://acha.fasthockey.com.
- Sign up for a free account with the link on the left side of the page (or log in if you already have an account).
- Once logged in, and on the main dashboard screen, you'll have to buy game credits (if you don't already have any). Click the yellow "buy credit" button towards the middle of the screen and enter payment information. Credits cost $7.99 for one game and decrease in price per game as more are purchased.
- After buying game credits and returning to the main dashboard screen, locate the list of ACHA tournaments running down the right side of the screen, and click the "search now" button under "2013 ACHA D2 women's nationals" to show only games for Penn State's WD2 tournament.
- Locate the game you wish to watch in the on-screen list and click the appropriate "buy" button to spend a credit on that game. FastHockey will first confirm the purchase, then a new window will pop up with the video feed.